Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Solidarity


Solidarity- willingness to give psychological and or material support when another person is in a difficult position. 


     While going to a doctors appointment I was witness to an act of solidarity.  It was so moving and I have not been able to stop thinking about it.  A man walked out of the elevator and I noticed he was wearing hot pink sneakers and behind him walked his wife...bald with a pink ribbon scarf.  He was standing with his wife because not only was it her fight but it was their fight.  Evidently this woman and I have something in common, we both have (or had?) breast cancer and we both have husbands who exhibit solidarity.

     This week has been overwhelming both physically and emotionally, but I have been shown true solidarity by so many.  We have been fed, prayed for and helped in multiple ways.

     I want to share the results of my pathology.  As many of you know I opted for a double mastectomy.  My right breast is was cancer free.  The lymph nodes right and left came back negative for cancer (great news).  My left breast had a type of non-invasive cancer called DCIS.  Over  40% of my left breast was cancerous.  The hard part is that there was an area of invasive cancer found.  What does this mean?  We really don't know, the treatment will depend on the type of tumor that was found.  Hopefully we will see an oncologist soon and have more answers.  

     Thank you for the continued support of my family and for supporting me.


Let your hope make you glad.  Be patient in time of trouble and never stop praying.
Romans 12:12

1 comment:

Becky said...

We've been praying for you! It is definitely uplifting when you know you have so many supporting you in whatever way they can. Solidarity is a powerful thing, especially when it comes to cancer. Praying that you continue to heal and that you get some answers soon to your treatment plan.