Friday, April 18, 2014

Cancer free, but not free from cancer.

(Don't let the title throw you, I am not in a perpetual state of fear, just realistic about how a cancer diagnosis will impact my life forever.)

    After a long year of surgeries and cancer treatment (chemo sucks) I can finally say I am done!

    What an experience, it's hard to even think about everything that I have gone through.  Honestly some of it I don't want to, so I'll just block it out. One thing that I will always remember is everyone who stood with me, prayed for me and just loved me. If that's you Thank You!

    Life is getting back to "normal" and I feel I can be me again. Even though things are becoming more "normal" I know they will never be the same as before my diagnosis. My kids will ask questions that most won't understand. They become a little different if anyone in the house is sick and in bed. They talk about bald Mommy.  You know the fun stuff. I won't even go into what goes through my mind every time I have a cough. That being said these things do not happen on a daily basis. 

    I think it is safe to say that I am cancer free, but I'll never be free of cancer.




1 comment:

Brazenlilly said...

I love your honesty, Michelle. We are cheering and celebrating that all your chemo and HER treatments are DONE! What a year. I have a feeling God has not even begun to show you all the ways that he is going to use these last 12-13 months of your life for HIS glory. Love you!