Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Maui or bust

This Friday Greg and I will be boarding an airplane and traveling to Maui for 8 days.  We are going to celebrate our 10 year anniversary.  We have talked about this trip since our honeymoon on Kauai. We booked our trip in December and it's finally go time!

   This last weekend I was going to go have a pedicure when I landed in the ER instead. I developed a blood clot in my right arm called a DVT.  The Maui trip was in limbo.  I immediately was started on blood thinner injections and was instructed to see my oncologist on Monday. I will be on blood thinners for three months and I need to have a procedure this Thursday.

Even though this trip isn't exactly what we had planned I feel extremely blessed to be going.   I can't wait to spend some quality time with my husband.
   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh no! I hope you guys still enjoy it, and I guess you will definitely be resting and relaxing!