Sunday, March 10, 2013

Surgery

Surgery has been scheduled.  I will be having my procedure on March 22nd.  We don't know what time surgery is but we do know that we are in for a long day.

Two hours before surgery I will have radioactive tracers injected in to me, then we wait for them to land in my lymph nodes.  This is an important step because they will be removing some of my lymph nodes to check for cancer.  If they are "clean" then I get to keep the rest of my lymph nodes.

Surgery is approximately 4 hours with 2 hours being the breast removal and then 2 more hours for reconstruction. (I will be beginning my reconstruction immediately but won't be done with this part for months.)

I expect to be in the hospital for 1-2 nights.  Then I will go home to begin my recovery.

Thank You for all of your continued prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, You are very strong and brave. God is in your corner and will be looking out for you and your family. Believe in yourself and in your faith to pull you through.

Michelle N.

Brazenlilly said...

Thanks for giving us the details, Michelle. It helps me know how and when to pray! I don't think any of us who have not been where you are can imagine the roller coaster of emotions you are going through. Please know that even when we are not expressing it, you are in our thoughts and prayers! I keep thinking of what an amazing testimony you are going to have as you recount how God sustained you through this whirlwhind of a trial. We love you, friend!