Friday, February 22, 2013

Where I am at

Today is 1 week since my diagnosis of DCIS.  This week has been fairly busy with 3 Dr appts.  I went to see an Oncologist on Tuesday and had blood work done.  We are waiting on this blood work before scheduling surgery.  To be honest I do not believe the results will have any impact on our surgical decisions.  (More on that later)  The testing is called BRCA 1 and 2 and they are gene mutations that may help us understand why I have cancer at such a young age (34).  We are in waiting mode, but after the last few weeks it is welcome.  I have had seven appts in 14 days and my daughter has been asking lots of questions and has been clingy.  

When I first was diagnosed I heard this song and it really hit me where I was.  I listened to it a few times and wept.  Tears of fear and tears of trust.  Such a beautiful song it will always remind me of this time.  

Though I walk,
Though I walk through the shadows
And I, I am so afraid
Please stay, please stay right beside me
With every single step I take

(Plumb, Need you now)



2 comments:

Brazenlilly said...

Michelle, you've been on my mind and heart all week this week. I'm sure you're going to have moments of great strength and courage, and other moments where you just feel like you cannot do this. Continue to press in to the Father who, like your song so beautifully says, will stay right beside you with every single step. We're all praying for you too!

Amy Bentz said...

Michelle, You are strong and brave! I'm so sorry you have to travel this road... We will be here for you every step of the way. Praying for you and your family!